EDITOR'S NOTE: Don't worry about the carbs . . . you get lots of protein, low fat goodness and energy, and breakfast is THE most important meal of the day to jump-start your metabolism!!
- These do cook up like flat, hearty muffins rather than a pancake consistency.
- I am hooked! One pancake, plain with a bit of jam or a blueberry cake with nothing added, plus a glass of milk or cup of tea leaves me satisfied until past lunch time. I can even pass up the donuts in the break room, because I honestly don’t care!
- I make a batch once a week (half plain, half blueberry-for variety), wrap individually in plastic wrap and freeze. Either toast or microwave one each morning for a great, quick breakfast. I prefer to wrap in a paper towel and microwave until just thawed and warm-don’t over nuke!!!
- I added a couple tablespoons of wheat germ.
- I also used unflavored protein powder and added 2 teasp. of vanilla extract.
- Size varies according to your appetite, I make 8.